- Fairfield Showground comprises three event spaces. All spaces include access to an undercover area to ensure your event is weatherproof and an outdoor area.
- Events are staged throughout the year, extending from youth festivals to trade shows, sporting and cultural events to car shows along with swap meets.
- We are the ideal venue for festivals, carnivals and music concerts attracting up to 10,000 people per day.
- There were approximately 34 major events held at Fairfield Showground over the last year with over 180,000 visitors attending.
A number of locations within the Showground are available to event coordinators and each one can be tailored to suit specific requirements.
- Event Awning – is ideal for large undercover festivals (holding up to 10,000 people). This Undercover Event Awning is a 10,000 square metre space with a long and proud heritage of uniting our community, celebrating our cultural diversity, and promoting the many special interest groups such as car clubs, sports, fund raising and music. This area also includes an outdoor area adjacent to the awning for large rides and arcade style games to be set up.
- Event Arena is ideal for large outdoor events (holding up to 10,000 people). This area is a 17,000 square metre grassed area for your guests to gather and sit with a picnic blanket etc. and view the stage entertainment along with a 30m x 70m undercover weatherproof arena for the purposes of a food court, stage entertainment or to have as an undercover option for your event.
- Showground Event Square is a mixture of both with an undercover area of approx. 70 x 30m along with smaller outdoor areas for rides and amusements to be set up to cater for smaller crowds.
If you are planning an event please browse through this website and if you have questions or would like to discuss your proposal, contact our Team at email@example.com
Applications to hold an event
To lodge an application to hold an event at Fairfield Showground, we suggest you review our event location maps below, refer to our fees and charges and consult with our team that will provide detailed guidelines for event organisers, promoters and hirers.
Once you have downloaded, completed and submitted the appropriate hire agreement form, please lodge it with the Showground Team for their review.
Please note, you should submit your event proposal as early as possible – no less than 12 weeks for large events or 6 weeks for small events (generally less than 2,000 people).
Once we receive your application, we will check the availability of your preferred site and assess the suitability of your event for the site.
Fees and charges
The venue hire fees and charges assist in providing the revenue needed to maintain and improve Fairfield Showground.
The venue hire fees and charges are based on the nature and scope of each event and the impact it may have on the site.
A bond for damages or costs arising from non-compliance with a set of agreed-upon hire conditions is also levied. The bond is refunded upon satisfactory compliance with these conditions and deductions of any consumables etc.
- Event Awning – $5,900 plus $4,000 Bond
- Event Arena – $5,900 plus $4,000 Bond
- Showground Event Square – $2,900 plus $2,000 Bond
Note: This fee schedule applies to all events, regardless of the number of attendees.
Heart of the City and the hub of the Fairfield Community.
Major event organizers are to make an appointment with Showground booking staff prior to any booking or application being approved.